Master of Business Administration
Faculty / School
Faculty of Business Administration (FBA)
Mr. Akhtar Mahmud
Committee Member 1
Mr. Akhtar Mahmud, Visiting Faculty, Department of Marketing, Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi
MBA Research Project
Consumer preference, Purchase decision, Senorita fashions, Brand awareness, Price consciousness, B2C market
Abstract / Summary
This research was conducted to examine the factors that affect the purchase decision of ready-to-wear eastern clothing consumers. The key findings of this research are as follows:
- 18.7% of respondents knew about Senorita Fashions while only 8.8% of respondents have purchased Senorita Fashions’ products.
- There is a clear lack of brand awareness in the respondents.
- Factors including price consciousness and clothing interest, had an influence on the purchase intention of the respondents.
- Mothers mostly buy eastern wear, for their daughters, on special occasions like Eid and weddings.
- Women like buying clothes in person rather than online shopping and preferably from malls.
- Quality of the clothes was found to be a determining factor for the consumers.
- The age groups defined by Senorita Fashions for their consumers were proven to be accurate as the consumer behavior remained constant throughout the age groups.
Based on our research, it is recommended that Senorita Fashions should devise a razor-sharp focused marketing strategy directed towards the end consumer to raise its brand awareness. Social media tops the most suited advertising channel for desirable results, while other avenues like television ads, radio ads and billboards also need to be explored to achieve maximum brand awareness. It should also prioritize its product offering and offer a more dynamic variety in formal wear for kids rather than casual wear. Moreover, the placement should be strategically opted. It is recommended that the physical stores should be in malls rather than conventional markets. The pricing plays a dynamic role in the purchase decision of the consumers and should be set based on the target market.
Link to Catalog Record
Pervaiz, H., Mujtaba, U., & Khwaja, Z. W. (2020). Identifying consumer preferences in the B2C apparel market of Pakistan (Unpublished graduate research project). Institute of Business Administration, Pakistan. Retrieved from https://ir.iba.edu.pk/research-projects-mba/26
Available for download on Saturday, December 05, 2026
The full text of this document is only accessible to authorized users.