Business plan for Sicilian pizza
Master of Business Administration
Faculty / School
Faculty of Business Administration (FBA)
Project Coordinator (Internal)
Dr. Nasir Afghan
Committee Member 1
Dr. Nasir Afghan, Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
MBA Research Project
Abstract / Summary
Food business is highly competitive in Pakistan. Factors like Delivery, Services, Brand amen & Exciting Discounts have a lot of effect on success of a Pizza Chain. The end goal would be to identify how to best optimize these factors and help the client in establishing profit making business which remains on the growth path. The purpose of this projects to work on business plan related to current and new business opportunities for the Sicilian Pizza business. The first part of the report deals with the existing business model and showcases the business as it exists in its current state. For this an extensive study of the internal environment of the business was done using various tools such as the business model canvas, SWOT analysis and financial break even analysis. The next step was to study the external factors related to the business and for this an analysis of secondary research data was carried out using various IT tools such as word crawlers, topic modelers and word clouds. This helped us study the food dynamics in the geographical vicinity of Sicilian Pizza, by checking which types of restaurants were more preferred by consumers, and then also by comparing the various players in the pizza market to see how they compared to each other. California Pizza, Broadway Pizza and Pizza Max were seen to have approximately 70% market share in between themselves, with the remaining 30% divided amongst the rest of the restaurants, including Sicilian Pizza. The next step was to gain some essential consumer insights related to pizza, and food in general. This would allow to put forward actionable recommendations that the company can implement to increase its customer footfall. For this, initially we conducted focus groups and in-depth interviews to filter out the common and recurring themes. Our target audience were mainly the people from the general vicinity of Sicilian Pizza, including both pizza lovers and people who did not like pizza. After the qualitative research, several themes were highlighted related to pizza references. The major theme was taste, which is a subjective attribute of pizza and the most important. Other. portent themes are the variety of available sauces, quantity and quality of cheese used, freshness of the pizza, and in ally the mode of getting the pizza (whether dine in or delivery). A questionnaire was developed to validate our endings with quantitative data, and to have results which were more representative of the overall populace of that area. The conclusions and the derived recommendations are then presented in the proposed business plan. Implementation of entire proposals will increase the chances of Sicilian Pizza achieving a sustainable growth in their business by identifying. e right market and right product.
Javed, S. O., Riaz, K., Muzammil, M. J., Jafrani, B. J., & Khan, R. A. (2018). Business plan for Sicilian pizza . Institute of Business Administration, Pakistan. Retrieved from https://ir.iba.edu.pk/research-projects-mba/131
The full text of this document is only accessible to authorized users.