Download (2.5 MB)
Abstract / Description
Pakistan is highly vulnerable to covid-19 as it continues to wreak havoc on its economic and social conditions. By this date, around 1700 people have been confirmed infected in Pakistan resulting in 18 deaths. The countrywide lockdown has forced millions to stay indoors, and halt economic activity in the country. Due to COVID-19, It is projected that poverty will increase from 75 million to 125 million people country wide due to lockdown and recession in the economy.
Table of Contents
- COVID-19 and Pakistan’s Trade Prospects Zafar Mahmood
- Avoiding the Upcoming Covid-19 Great Recession: Brief analysis of situation and policy advices Wali Ullah
- Emotional Burden and Psychological Capital in the times of COVID19: Academic Context of Pakistan Gulnaz Anjum
- Pakistan’s Trade in COVID-19 Related Medical Products Aadil Nakhoda Pakistani Pharmaceutical Plight During COVID-19 Shagufta Shabbar
- COVID-19: Social Protection and Caring for the poor Nasir Iqbal & Shehriyar Khalid
Faculty / School
School of Economics and Social Sciences (SESS)
Department of Economics
Was this content written or created while at IBA?
Hyder (Ed.), A. (2020). Short notes on the economy during the Covid-19 crisis., 2 Retrieved from https://ir.iba.edu.pk/faculty-research-books/48